Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Soap Assignments Blog: July - October Questions


Finally going to be up to date with the soap assignments blog questions. Here are my answers for the questions from July through October 2012.

1. What Lesson Did A Soap Opera Teach You?

Santa Barbara used to teach me vocabulary, as with that show I would look up words in the dictionary during commercials. I'm not sure if that's a lesson, but it did help me years later when I took the SAT as some words I learned from watching ended up on the exam.

2. Where Is/Was the Best Soap Opera Place to Eat?

That's a difficult question as usually people don't eat on screen. I'd say Alice Horton's kitchen on Days… hmm donuts.

3. Which Soap Opera Couple Should Have Never Divorced?

Michelle and Danny on Guiding Light. They remarried more than once and they divorced twice. When GL ended they were still married, I didn't get why in less then seven years, they went through so many marriages/divorces as they didn't marry other people. Also then we wouldn't have had to sit through the amnesia stuff.

4.Which Soap Character Would You Like to See Return from the Dead?

I actually have a list starting with currently airing shows in no particular order.

B&B - Phoebe, Macy, Darla
Days - Tony, Jack, Nicole's fetus…
GH - Alan, Emily, Jason (eventually), Robin (we know she's alive, but…), Hope, Cole, Tea's baby (OLTL characters who died on GH)
Y&R - John Abbott, Brad, Colleen, Cassie (though I wish she wasn't dead though having her come back from dead would be impossible)

With shows off the air even longer list…For the sake of time I am only including AMC, ATWT, GL, and OLTL

AMC - Leo, Gillian (as nearly everyone else who died came back alive.)
ATWT - Brad, Jake, Vicky (yes the last two are AW characters, but they came on ATWT and were killed.)
GL - Almost every character who was killed on that show in the last five years on the air. So in order of "passing" Alan, Coop, Gus, Tammy, Ross--since Phillip came back from dead he doesn't count.
OLTL - Since we found out at the end Victor was alive, he doesn't count. So Nash and Jared would be the tops of that list. See GH list for others.

5. Which Cancelled Soap Opera Should Return to Production?

My answer to that would be, whichever soap opera could get the most of its cast on board along with a creative team that is compatible with what I like to see. Is that a fair answer? I'd actually love a series that would take one of our old shows using retro scripts and a brand new cast in a period piece.

No comments: